5 Things You Didn't Know About LifeWay
- LifeWay's articles have more than 381,000 Facebook shares in addition to the shares that they've received on other social networking websites like LinkedIn and Twitter.
- The LifeWay organization is more than a century old, and it was originally known as the Sunday School Board of the Southern Baptist Convention.
- LifeWay is a completely non-profit organization that accepts no money from the denomination it promotes, and it donates all money above operating expenses to missions.
- LifeWay's ministry is divided up into six divisions: Church Resources, LifeWay Christian Stores, B&H Publishing Group, Technology, Finance and Business Services and LifeWay Insights.
- LifeWay got the inspiration for its name from words spoken by Jesus in John 14:6 of how he is the way, truth and life.
How to Redeem a Coupon Code at LifeWay
- It's relatively easy to redeem a coupon code at LifeWay's website once you've found the product that you want to order. Simply follow the steps listed below to apply a coupon code to your order during the checkout process:
- Click the yellow 'Checkout' button or the 'Shopping Cart' icon located at the top right corner of the screen when you're ready to proceed to checkout.
- Review the items in your shopping cart and make any modifications necessary.
- Input the coupon code into the 'Promotional Codes' text box provided, and then click the gray 'Apply' button to have the discount subtracted from your order total.
- Click the yellow 'Checkout' button, and then log in to your LifeWay store account if you already have one, or select the option to register for one if you don't.
- Input your billing address as well as your shipping address if the two differ. Provide your debit/credit card information when prompted, review your order details for accuracy and click 'Purchase' to finalize your payment.
Not only does LifeWay Christian Stores have more than 186 outlets stationed across the nation, but it also has an entire section of its website devoted to items that it has on sale. The website is set up in a user-friendly manner that makes it easy to access the clearance section. Simply click on the 'Now on Sale' link located in the vertical navigation pane that runs along the left side of the home page to be redirected to the page where all discounted items have been listed. Alternatively, if you prefer shopping the clearance section in store rather than online, the site has a section entitled 'Store Catalogs and Coupons' where you can find and print in-store coupons to use at outlet locations.
LifeWay is one of the most prominent providers of Christian and biblical resources in the world. Like other Christian organizations, such as Family Christian Stores and the United Methodist Publishing House, it seeks to spread the word of God and the teachings of Jesus Christ. However, unlike some of its competitors, LifeWay Christian Resources is completely non-profit. It keeps none of the extra revenue than it generates above operating expenses. Instead, any money that the organization earns through the sale of its books and other resources, it channels into mission work and other ministries throughout the world.
The organization's headquarters is based in Nashville, Tennessee, and BusinessTN magazine has named LifeWay as one of the "Best Employers in Tennessee." Dr. J.M. Frost founded LifeWay back in 1891, although it wasn't always referred as "LifeWay." Frost gleaned the approval that he needed to form the organization from the Southern Baptist Convention during a meeting that it held in Birmingham, Alabama, in 1891. Consequently, and unsurprisingly, Frost originally dubbed the organization the "Sunday School Board of the Southern Baptist Convention." It wasn't until 1983 that it officially become incorporated as "LifeWay Christian Resources," although it had been referred to as that in some operations from as early as 1971.
When the name change did occur, LifeWay was the name settled upon because the members felt that this term aptly communicated how Jesus Christ was at the heart of the organization's work and ministry. In John 14:6, Jesus stated the following: "I am the way, the truth, and the life," hence "LifeWay." Since its humble beginnings when the founder only had a desk in a corner of a newspaper office and a bit of money that he had borrowed from his wife, LifeWay has grown to become a huge Christian ministry with a conference center in RidgeCrest, North Carolina, and ministries in more than 120 countries.
Although LifeWay is most known for selling Bibles and study guides, it also sells Christian fiction novels from popular Christian authors like Karen Kingsbury and Kristen Heitzmann, church furniture and supplies, audio and video recordings, software, gifts and more. Additionally, its website serves as a popular resource for Christians and others where they can read sermons and articles for free as well as gain access to free Sunday school resources.
One of the most viewed videos on YouTube featuring LifeWay is "Your Guide to a Balanced Discipleship Plan." This instructional video provides Christian study groups with a balanced plan for studying all the fundamental elements of a Christian's walk in faith.
To save money on your next Christian resource purpose, use a Giving Assistant coupon code. Not only will you be able to pocket extra cash that you can use on other books, resources and other goodies, but you can also take satisfaction in the fact that you're purchasing from a company that works towards a higher purpose to spread the Gospel across the world.
LifeWay Social Media Links
LifeWay on YouTube: In an effort to promote a Christian way of life and help churches succeed in their ministry, LifeWay's YouTube channel is filled with helpful instructional videos for teaching and guiding others in the faith.
LifeWay on Facebook: LifeWay's Facebook page is a great resource for learning about current promotions going on at the website, and it also serves as a great source of inspiration with the many inspiring quotes, articles and other resources that the organization uploads to its page.
LifeWay on Twitter: Stay informed of the latest happenings with the ministry and learn about new releases in LifeWay's stores by following LifeWay's tweets on Twitter. Retweet your favorite news from the organization to share it with your own followers, and interact with the company with tweets of your own too.
LifeWay on Google+: Be among the first to know about LifeWay's newest articles and stay updated with all the latest in the industry by connecting with the organization's Google+ page.
LifeWay on Instagram: Follow LifeWay's Instagram profile to learn about weekly sales, coupons, and more.