5 Things You Didn’t Know About Nordstrom
- In 1975, Nordstrom opened its first off-price clearance store, called Nordstrom Rack, in Seattle.
- In 2011, Nordstrom acquired HauteLook, an LA-based online retailer that offers flash sales on designer goods and top brands.
- Most recently, Nordstrom made the leap to start opening stores in Canada, including cities such as Calgary, Ottawa, Vancouver, and Toronto.
- Nordstrom is a Hall of Fame member of Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list – consistently ranking high amongst employees
- Did you know that Nordstrom donates 1% of every gift card sale to local nonprofits?
How to Redeem a Coupon Code at Nordstrom
After adding the latest designer threads to the online 'shopping bag,' you will redeem a Nordstrom coupon code during the checkout process, which is illustrated below:
- Before you can pay for your order at checkout, returning customers are asked to sign in using their email address and password, while new or guest customers can continue without signing in. There is also an option to continue by using PayPal to complete the process.
- Enter the details of your shipping address, and click 'Save and Continue.'
- Choose a shipping method. Standard shipping is free, and delivers goods within 5-10 days. You can also opt for something faster, such as Two Day, Next Day, or Saturday.
- Click 'Save and Continue' to reach the payment screen, which allows you to use a Nordstrom Note, credit/debit card, or gift card.
- Click on the 'Apply a Promotion Code' link to reveal a field where you can type in your coupon code. Click 'Apply.' Keep in mind that only one promo code can be used per order.
- Enter in contact details, such as a valid email address and telephone number.
- Click 'Save and Continue' to review your order and total costs once more before submitting to complete the transaction.
Nordstrom Outlet – Nordstrom Rack
Limited time online sale events for Nordstrom are found on Nordstrom Rack's online presence, which is powered by HauteLook. Offering free shipping on purchases over $100, you can shop a lineup of ever-changing discounted goods for men, women and kids, as well as a selection of reduced-price handbags, shoes and accessories. There is also a 'Clearance' section to browse, which provides savings for a broader range of categories.
Need something absolutely fabulous to wear for a special occasion? Often compared to the likes of Bloomingdale's, Barneys, Saks Fifth Avenue, Belk, Neiman Marcus, Macy's, Dillards, Von Maur, and Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom is an upscale fashion retailer that has been in the industry for more than 100 years. Hitting the scene in 1901, the company first got its start as a shoe retailer before expanding their reach with the latest and classiest trends in clothing, accessories, handbags, jewelry, cosmetics, and fragrances. Today, Nordstrom is known as a leader in luxury retail, which also has a gratifying online presence that offers around-the-clock access.
Depending on which Nordstrom location you shop at, you may or may not find the latest wedding trends and eye-catching home furnishings. Online, the Wedding Suite is always available to you, featuring an array of wedding attire, including bridal gowns, bridal lingerie, and bridesmaid dresses from designers such as Amsale Abrerra, Monique Lhuillier and Vera Wang. You'll also find home goods and décor, such as candles, pillows, throws, and champagne flutes.
As you browse Nordstrom's website, you may shop by category (such as Women, Men, Shoes, Handbags, Beauty and Specialty goods), shop by designer, or scan the extensive list of available brands that include the likes of Clinique, Sperry Top-Sider, Nike, Kate Spade New York, Alexander Wang, DV by Dolce Vita, Burberry, Frank Wright, Jonathan Adler, Polo Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors, Yosi Samra, and Peter Millar. Within each category, you can further pinpoint a purchase when sorting by color, size, and price.
Customers often praise Nordstrom's policies, such as free shipping and free returns on all online orders. Nordstrom is also known for holding traditional sales throughout the year with semi-annual promotions for women and kids, and their largest event being the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (held in July). Those who apply for and receive a Nordstrom Rewards Card get a chance to gain early access to store sales. You can apply online, as well as earn 2 points per every dollar spent until you reach 2,000 points – good for a $20 Nordstrom Note that you can spend at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack and HauteLook.
Another way to save money on your next pair of UGG baby booties, Tory Burch sandals, designer perfume, a Nordstrom's Men Shop suit, or a fall-season Coach tote is by using a Nordstrom coupon code at checkout. Also, when your promo code comes from Giving Assistant, you'll not only earn cash back, but will also get a chance to do something good for others.
Nordstrom's YouTube channel is filled with style guides, fashion tips and beauty tricks which includes videos, such as this most-viewed gem called "How To Tie a Scarf: 4 Scarves 16 Ways."
Nordstrom Social Media Links
Nordstrom on Twitter: From fashion quotes to celebrity spotlights to seasonal treats, Tweets from Nordstrom focus on all things fashion.
Nordstrom on Facebook: Here, you can like, share and comment on the latest style trends, featured products, and videos featuring different ways to enhance your Nordstrom looks.
Nordstrom on Google+: Just some of the brands highlighted here include Burberry lipsticks, Prada sunglasses, Nike sneakers, Nudie Jeans Co, and NARS Cosmetics.
Nordstrom on Instagram: You'll find floral skirts, seasonal makeup trends, special occasion clothing ensembles, featured shoes, and other high-fashion goodies throughout this feed.
Nordstrom on Pinterest: Boards, such as 'Spring Fashion,' 'Great Gifts' and 'Shoe Lust,' will help you find inspiration when shopping for handbags, shoes, cosmetics, jewelry and home décor.
Nordstrom on YouTube: The video uploads on this channel highlight the latest style how tos, clothing trends, Nordstrom Pop-In shops, Men's Shop features, and tips from personal stylists.
Nordstrom Contact Info
Nordstrom Corporate Offices – Direct Inquiries
1600 Seventh Avenue, Suite 2600
Seattle, WA 98101
Telephone Number: (888) 282-6060