5 Things You Didn't Know About UNIQLO
- They've gone green. It's a major goal to eliminate all hazardous chemical emissions from any of their buildings by 2020.
- They're interested in diversity. They've tried to hire at least one person with a disability at each one of their stores.
- UNIQLO is an official partner of Special Olympics Nippon. They donate uniforms to the athletes and their employees help coordinate events.
- The company has teamed up with many professional athletes, including tennis player Novak Djokovic and golf player Adam Scott.
- The company name is the result of a mistake. It was supposed to be "uni-clo," to stand for "unique clothing," but someone misread the "c" as a "q."
How to Redeem a Coupon Code at UNIQLO
- After you've found items that you'd like to purchase, add them to your online shopping bag. When you're ready to check out, click "View bag." You get one more chance to review your items before clicking "Proceed to checkout."
- The next screen asks you to log in if you're an existing customer. If you don't have an account with them, you can click "Proceed to checkout."
- You'll then enter your shipping address. Click "Next" to go to the page where you can redeem your coupon code.
- On this page, you'll find the place where you'll enter your coupon code at the very bottom. Right under the question "Got a Promo Code?" input your code and click "Apply." You can find many various coupon codes at Giving Assistant.
UNIQLO's sale section is where you can find hundreds of items being sold for a discount. The men's, women's, girls', boys', and baby departments all have their own separate sale sections.
There are also weekly promotions that customers can take advantage of. These often include a limited number of seasonal pieces being offered for reduced prices.
UNIQLO grew from a small stand-alone store in Japan into one of the fastest growing brands in the world.
In 1984, a Japanese-based company, Ogori Shoji, opened a storefront in Hiroshima called "Unique Clothing Warehouse." After a few years of success, the owners decided to shorten the name of the store to "uni-clo." Somewhere along the line as they were registering their new company, the name was changed to UNIQLO by someone who mistook a "c" for a "q."
By 1994, over 100 UNIQLO stores were established throughout Japan. Taking cues from The Gap and J Crew, the owners of UNIQLO decided to produce and sell their own clothing exclusively. This helped further fuel the growth of the company, and in 2001, there were over 500 stores in Japan. The company continued its rise, subsequently entering into markets in the U.S., elsewhere in Asia, Western Europe, Australia, and Russia. In 2016, at least one UNIQLO store will be in 18 different countries.
Throughout this process, UNIQLO has stayed committed to making clothing that's simple, practical, and stylish. Above all else, their items are affordable. A stop into one of their stores or their website can easily result in a large purchase because there are so many items with such attractive prices. Adding another basic t-shirt or sweater to a collection is easy to do when shopping at UNIQLO, and many customers find themselves picking up the same piece in a few colors because they love the style so much.
Overall, UNIQLO clothing is classic and modern. A simple jacket can still seem fresh and updated because of the unique details included in areas like the collar, the lining, or the pockets.
They have a whole line of clothing featuring HEATTECH technology, which keeps people nice and warm while giving them the ability to stay active and not feel weighted down by heavy pieces. This video, UNIQLO HEATTECH Technology shows how these items have eight features that work together to give people the performance they're looking for on a cold day. These garments are perfect whether you're out on the ski slopes or are just walking around the city in chilly weather.
Their designers work with a purpose and are focused on the future. Featured collections push the envelope just the right amount and truly demonstrate how fashion is an art form. They often encourage collaboration from a number of professionals, resulting in innovative products. Anyone wanting to express him or herself can find clothes at UNIQLO that make a statement.
Likewise, people who love a timeless look can easily pick up a whole wardrobe full of items from UNIQLO. They sell everything from socks to jackets and from pajamas to business wear. Even their undergarments are popular, likely because of their ability to combine comfort with style.
When you shop at UNIQLO online, you'll have access to thousands of items for everyone in the family. The UNIQLO stores are known for being big and bright, and they're stocked full with the newest additions. Each season, different items are featured, but you can always find the basics any time of year in the expansive stores
The company values its loyal clients. They set up a UNIQLO E-member program, in which customers can sign up to receive emails that let them know about special offers, events at their local stores, and other news from the organization. When you first sign up for the program by submitting your email address, you can receive a special welcome offer.
UNIQLO Social Media Links
UNIQLO on Facebook: Follow along with what's going on worldwide at the company. Stay updated on the latest items to hit the shelves.
UNIQLO on Twitter: Stay in touch with UNIQLO as they continue to grow their brand. See who's wearing UNIQLO around the world.
UNIQLO on Google+: Check out pics of UNIQLO clothing that you'll want to buy as soon as you can. Hear from the company about new stores and new ventures.
UNIQLO on Pinterest: Get inspired to give yourself an updated look. Browse through the clothing items to see which one you'd like to order online or at your nearest store.
UNIQLO on Instagram: Give yourself a chance to appreciate how simple, elegant, and classic UNIQLO clothing is. Fashion is art!
UNIQLO on YouTube: Watch videos that showcase what the brand is all about. With massive stores in some of the largest cities and colorful clothes that can catch the eye, UNIQLO is quickly becoming an iconic brand.
UNIQLO Contact Info
US Corporate Office
New York, NY 10012
Telephone Number: +1 (855) 486-4756