Gardener's Supply Company Cash Back
Gardener's Supply Company, the garden supply company, has teamed with Giving Assistant to save you money. Giving Assistant members receive a percentage of their purchase price back on every purchase from Gardener's. In addition, Giving Assistant adds the commission it receives from Gardener's to your cash back payment, so you receive double your cash back.
Gardener's goes yet another step to save Giving Assistant members money with online coupons and sales.
As a gardener, if you would like to donate some or all of your cash back to an environmental or other cause, you can easily set up your Giving Assistant account to do so.
5 Things You Didn't Know About Gardener's Supply Company
- Gardener's sells honey brewing kits, stoneware crocks and lids for pickling and fermentation, clip-top and vintage canning jars, and clip-top preserve bottles for vinegars.
- At Gardener's you can find essential oils for aromatherapy or soap and candle making -- orange, grapefruit, lavender, lemongrass, peppermint, rosemary, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus.
- In the Learn & Share area of Gardener's website, you'll find a calculator for figuring how much rain your barrel collected from your roof.
- The greenhouses, raised beds, and patio gardens sold by Gardener's Supply Company are designed and manufactured in Vermont by Serac, a Gardener's subsidiary.
- Gardener's Customer Care Center, their call center, located in Vermont, is staffed by representatives who earn Garden Guru badges from Gardener's ongoing gardening courses.
How to Redeem a Coupon Code at Gardener's Supply Company
- If you are shopping the mobile Web site, go to your shopping cart and look for the text box below the list of items in your cart and above the cart total section of the form and click "Apply" or scroll to the bottom of the page and click the link that says "Full Site."
- If you are shopping the full desktop site, go to your cart and below the list of your purchases and to the left of the subtotal in your cart, you will see a textbox that says "Enter coupon, promo, or source code." Enter your coupon or promotional code in the box and click apply.
- Gardener's allows only one code per order.
- Continue checking out by adding your credit card or PayPal information and your shipping and billing addresses. You can save your addresses to your address book to speed up future checkouts. When you're finished, you can review your order before finally submitting it.
Gardener's Supply Company Review
Will Raap founded Gardener's in 1983, but his vision went beyond merely starting a gardening supply company. He wanted the company to become a source of positive change. Under his leadership, it has been that source from the beginning. Raap located the company headquarters in Burlington, Vermont known as The Intervale, a 700 acre flood plain that had been cultivated since around 3,000 B.C. However, in 1944, after the site had been used as an informal dumping ground for years, the city of Burlington officially opened a landfill. During the 1970s, Burlington added a sludge pit. By the mid-1980s, a junkyard operated on the site. The Intervale became a dangerous place, a site that was avoided.
Rapp, however, knew of The Intervale's agricultural past, and thought the flood plain's rich soil could revive local agriculture and become an outdoor recreational area. In 1987, Gardener's Supply founded the Intervale Foundation and began removing the cars and tires while working with others to raise the community's awareness of The Intervale's potential.
With the cleanup completed, Intervale Compost Products opened a leaf and yard waste recycling center and Gardener's took the lead in establishing the Intervale Community Farm and the Intervale Farms Program. The Intervale Foundation, now renamed the Intervale Center, has reclaimed 350 acres of the flood plain and oversees the stewardship and farming of the land. The Center also has established a community of small organic farms. The Intervale has become a national model for sustainable agriculture where visitors can tour the organic market gardens, ride a gravel bike trail through the farmland, or hike a network of trails and wildlife corridors to see foxes, otters, great blue herons, deer, and even moose.
Also in 1987, Gardener's Supply Company adopted an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). All employees became eligble to own stock. As of December 2009, Gardener's became wholly owned by its employees. Will Raap remains as chairman, but has become involved in ecosystem restoration and sustainable agriculture and sustainable community projects both in Vermont and around the world.
Gardener's Supply employees continue to maintain The Intervale, and Gardener's Supply Company contributes eight percent of its profits to the surrounding community. Gardener's has been certified as a B Corp or Benefit Corporation. B Corp companies serve their communities and seek to solve social and/or environmental problems.
Here's a video tour of Garden Supply Company's Vermont factory.
Gardener's Supply Company Social Media Links
On Facebook, ask for recipes for a larger than expected harvest, and you will receive them along with how to project tips, links to informative gardening articles, news about new gardening products, and gardening related sweepstakes from many companies.
On Twitter, Gardener's not only posts its gardening related tweets but also retweets gardening and recipe tips from others. At harvest time, you'll also find twitpics of other gardener's successes.
Pinterest is the place to find pins of gift ideas from Gardener's as well as categorized pins of Gardener's products along with diagrams of how they work and how to use them. You might even find a photo contest to enter.
On Instagram, Gardener's Supply Company shares inspirational photos.
Gardener's Supply Company Contact Info
Gardener's Supply Co.
128 Intervale Road
Burlington, VT 05401
Phone number: (800) 876-5520
Fax number: (800) 551-6712