5 Things You Didn't Know About Garnet Hill
- Garnet Hill was named after the rise of land that lay behind the co-founders', Grant Dowse and Pegge Kirschner's home.
- Garnet Hill was created because the couple wanted to share their love for true flannel that they had gotten in England with the United States.
- The original Garnet Hill business location still stands in on Main Street in Franconia, New Hampshire, to this very day.
- Originally, the founders of Garnet Hill assembled their mail order catalogs in their home and charged 25 cents per catalog.
- The small cottage that the couple began their business in didn't even have indoor plumbing when they first started their venture in 1976.
How to Redeem a Coupon Code at GarnetHill.com
You can redeem a coupon code at Garnet Hill during the checkout process, which you can find detailed in the steps below:
- Add the desired clothing, accessories and other goods to your online "Shopping Bag," and click the "Checkout" button.
- Input your coupon code into the "Promotional Code" text box, and click the gray "Apply" button. Click "Start Secure Checkout" to continue.
- If you're already a registered customer, sign into your account. If not, select the option to check out as a guest.
- Input your billing address, and select whether or not your shipping address is the same as your billing.
- Create a username and password if you wish to register for an account so that you can track and view the status of your order. Click "Continue Secure Checkout."
- Input your payment information, and click "Submit Order" to process your payment.
Garnet Hill Outlet/Clearance
Garnet Hill has a whole section on of its website solely devoted to any items that it has listed on sale. This is the clearance section, and it can easily be reached by clicking on "Clearance" from the Garnet Hill home page. Within the clearance section, you'll find numerous categories, such as the "Sale of the Day" category, the "Under $50" category and countless others. The actually categories within the clearance section varies depending upon what the site currently has on clearance, so some categories that are featured in the clearance section one day might not necessarily be there the next.
Garnet Hill Review
Garnet Hill is one of the many retailers that specialize in offering women's clothing, home products, gifts and accessories, similar in tone and style to competitors like JCPenney and Anthropologie. Unlike its competitors, though, Garnet Hill was started by a married couple in their small sugar house home back in the 70s. Since its inception, the store immediately began receiving orders until within just six months in operation it had outgrown the couple's little sugar house, and they relocated to a gambrel-roofed building in Franconia.
The couple had taken a trip to Denmark and ended buying a cotton flannel sheet at a store in England when they accidentally left all their camping gear behind. They loved the flannel sheet so much that when they returned to America, they attempted to find something similar to it in an American mail order catalog. What they ended up receiving was reportedly a poor imitation, and when they continued to be unsuccessful in finding the true quality of flannel they had received in the United Kingdom, they decided to start their own mail order catalog and sell flannel merchandise themselves.
Immediately, the couple began to receive orders. The couple turned their bedroom into their office where they had two typewriters set up, and their loft became their shipping room. The room where Pegge usually did all her weaving became their warehouse, and the couple worked to assemble, stamp and label all the catalogs themselves together at their kitchen table.
The Garnet Hill catalog service was started with the mission to be dedicated to offering customers fine natural fiber merchandise of high quality. Although the company started selling flannel, it soon began to branch out into selling other well-loved, quality fabrics like percale sheets, cashmere throws and woolen blankets. Over time, the astonishing growth in the business led them to branch out into selling women's and children's clothing, shoes and accessories and bedding and home items.
Although Garnet Hill started out as a mail order catalog business, it now feature many store locations throughout the U.S., and it has its website online where customers can shop its fine natural fibers from the comforts of their own homes. When shopping online, customers get access to certain deals and discounts that they can't find in stores, and they can also sign up to Garnet Hill's email listing. Customers signed up to Garnet Hill's email list get to be among the first to know about any special deals, promotions or sales that the site's running, and they can also receive email-only coupons delivered right to their inboxes.
Additionally, shopping Garnet Hill's website is made extremely easy due to the user-friendly interface as well as the many category and searchfilters available. Customers can browse by color, size, clothing type and even price range so that they can find exactly what they're looking for. Additionally, there's a search box to input key terms and phrases.
One of the most recently uploaded videos on YouTube that features Garnet Hill is Ireland EF Kids Heep. This video shows some of the styles to be expected in Garnet Hill's Ireland EF Kids' collection.
Garnet Hill Social Media Links
Garnet Hill on YouTube: Go to Garnet Hill's YouTube channel when you want to see the latest uploads by the company, some of which include exciting previews of the upcoming season's collections.
Garnet Hill on Facebook: Connect with Garnet Hill's Facebook account when you want to get the latest in company news delivered straight to your Facebook's news feed and to find out about any deals, contests or sweepstakes that the company has going on.
Garnet Hill on Twitter: Follow Garnet Hill's Twitter profile to see the company's latest tweets about upcoming sales, seasonal collections, fashion tips and much more.
Garnet Hill on Google+: Garnet Hill's Google+ account is the place to go to get the latest industry news pertaining to Garnet Hill and the fashion retail industry in general as well as to get opportunities to network with Garnet Hill professionals.
Garnet Hill on Pinterest: Garnet Hill's Pinterest account is an excellent resource for getting fashion, home and craft ideas through popular boards such as "Room Inspiration," "Fun Kids Project," "Inspiration by Garnet Hill" and "Threads by Garnet Hill."
Garnet Hill on Instagram: See breathtaking images of Garnet Hill merchandise being modeled and displayed in various locations by checkout on the company's Instagram photos.
Garnet Hill Contact Info
231 Main Street
Franconia, NH 03580
Telephone Number: +1 (800) 870-3513