5 Things You Didn't Know About Oriental Trading Company
- Oriental Trading Company offers an exclusive Party Planner where you can create personalized digital party invitations for all types of activities, and it's completely free!
- You can find over 2500 items for Sunday School activities, including crafts, Bible studies, holidays and more online or from the Fun & Faith catalog.
- Oriental Trading Company is much more than party favors and decorations. They offer teaching supplies and curriculum, covering 5 subjects, suitable for pre-school through 6th grade!
- Oriental Trading Company offers an ironclad 110% Lowest Price Guarantee that includes all print or website ads for most new products sold in the USA.
- You never have to worry about items purchased from Oriental Trading Company. An industry leader, they require all their products to meet or exceed safety standards.
How to Redeem a Coupon Code at Oriental Trading Company
- Redeeming a coupon code at Oriental Trading Company is easy. Start your shopping at GivingAssistant.org. Do a search for Oriental Trading Company to find the page containing the corresponding coupons. After you pick the desired coupon, a window will appear with the coupon code, copy the code and then close the window. Choose the 'shop now' button at the upper right-hand side of the Giving Assistant page.
- The items you choose to purchase will go into your shopping cart. When you're done shopping, put your pointer at your cart in the upper right hand side of the page. You'll be given an option to 'view or edit cart' or 'checkout.' If you choose to view your cart, you'll see your order and a prompt to enter your promotional code. This will allow you to see just how much savings you'll have, allowing you to return to shop knowing exactly how much you've already spent. Once you are done shopping, you can return to the cart, choose 'checkout' and proceed to finish your purchase.
Oriental Trading Company Outlet/Clearance
Just in case you thought the prices that Oriental Trading Company charges couldn't get any lower, be sure to check out the Sale page on the website. Here you'll find an ever-changing inventory of craft supplies, party supplies, home decor items, toys and games and seasonal items. A deeply discounted Clearance section, called the 'Less Than Perfect" shop, features items that don't meet quality standards. It's hard to believe, but the sale page has some super bargains, beyond the already low prices in the catalog or online store.
Check this page frequently as inventory changes often. It's an especially good place to shop if you're a planner. Stock up after holidays or in preparation for birthday parties or summer vacation craft needs.
Oriental Trading Company Review
It might surprise you to know that the headquarters of Oriental Trading Company is located, not in an exotic Asian port, but in the middle of the United States. In fact, the company, which was founded in 1932, started out and has always been located in Omaha, Nebraska. Originally opened as a brick and mortar gift store in Omaha, at one time before the start of World War II, the chain consisted of 17 physical stores located across the Midwest. The war put an end to that incarnation of the company.
After the war, the company changed its focus from physical stores and became a major wholesale supplier to carnivals. They imported a variety of value priced goods from Japan that were used as prizes in carnival games. In 1956, Oriental Trading Company published its first catalog. The company expanded its inventory and scope. When the internet became popular, the already successful wholesale marketer saw a limitless future. Further expansion led the company away from the carnival industry and more towards schools, churches, stores and individuals.
Today Oriental Trading Company is well known in the U.S. and internationally, as a purveyor of all kinds of party supplies, craft kits, art supplies, candy, holiday decorations, elementary school programs and décor, home décor, as well as church Sunday and vacation Bible school supplies. In fact, the company has over 40,000 different items, and is known for its low prices and high volume sales. Many of the reasonably priced craft kits can produce items intended for schools, clubs or churches to sell for fundraising. You can order all the items on line or from any of the specialized catalogs offered.
Besides selling a huge variety of products, the Oriental Trading Company also has a wide appeal on social media. The company has a presence on all major online forums where they offer ideas, demonstrations, instructions and finished products that you can make at home. From jewelry made from kits purchased on the website to digital invitations and free announcements, the company has just about every aspect of fun covered. They’ll give you the great ideas, teach you how to make it and sell you the supplies needed to finish you party or project.
Oriental Trading Company owns a company called MindWare, which sells educational toys. A link to this company, whose byline is 'Brainy toys for kids of all ages,' is prominent at the top of the Oriental Trading Company website. Both companies are owned by Warren Buffet's multinational holding company, Berkshire Hathaway, which is also headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Today, what started out as a small gift store has grown into one of the largest wholesale direct marketing companies in the United States. Flexibility and foresight of its original owners and continued expansion into the world of internet and online shopping have put Oriental Trading Company on top of their market. Commitment to customer satisfaction and quality control should ensure its place there.
The video, Do It Yourself Hair Accessories: Black Feathered Headband, is an example of one of the many demonstration videos from Oriental Trading Company.
Oriental Trading Company Social Media Links
Oriental Trading Company on Facebook: Like the Oriental Trading Company on Facebook. Enter contests, find lots of seasonal or holiday recipes with photos. As always, get so many party decoration ideas!
Oriental Trading Company on Pinterest: Love Pinterest? So does Oriental Trading Company! Follow them on Pinterest. For party and holiday themes, decorating ideas and all kinds of fun, be sure to look at all their pins here. You're bound to find some creative idea to help you decorate for your next party or holiday, plan a costume or work out a theme. If you're a teacher, you'll find many ways to make your room fun and educational for the little ones.
Oriental Trading Company on Twitter: Follow the Oriental Trading Company Twitter feed. You'll get updates on sales, lots of seasonal recipes, costume ideas and holiday party decorating ideas.
Oriental Trading Company on YouTube: Follow the link to watch videos for all occasions. You'll find seasonal videos, how-to craft demonstrations, and all kinds of ideas for party themes and decorations.
Oriental Trading Company on Google Plus: Add Oriental Trading Company to you Google Plus page and stay up-to-date on activities, seasonal parties and lots of sales. Watch for special discount coupons, too.
Oriental Trading Company Blog: Follow the Oriental Trading Company Blog. You'll find directions for even more craft ideas.
Oriental Trading Company Customer Service Contact Info
Oriental Trading Company
P.O. Box 2308
Omaha, NE 68103
Telephone Number: +1 (800) 875-8480