5 Things You Didn't Know About H-E-B
- Did you know that H-E-B takes its relationship to the community seriously? The grocery chain donates 5% of all its pre-tax profits to local charities!
- The first grocery store in the H-E-B chain was located on the first floor of founder Florence Butt's Kerrville, Texas house.
- Do you know what the H - E - B stands for in the grocery store name? Howard E. Butt, son of the founder.
- How many grocery store chains have their own mascot? H-E-B does! His name is H E Buddy, a walking brown grocery bag full of produce!
- H-E-B is so committed to selling fresh produce, and they sell locally Texas grown fruits and vegetables, most of which are only 24 hours from harvest.
How to Redeem a Coupon Code at H-E-B
- Redeeming a coupon code at H-E-B couldn't be easier. Start your shopping at GivingAssistant.org. Do a search for H-E-B to find the page containing the corresponding coupons, pick the desired coupon, copy and then choose the 'shop now' button at the upper right-hand side of the Giving Assistant page.
- Once you've finished shopping, proceed to the checkout page. There you'll see the items you've chosen to purchase. Make sure to check that the products listed and the amounts are correct. On the right side of the page, you should see the charges for each item and the total amount owed.
- Now look to the lower right-hand side of the page, below the list of purchases, and you'll see an open field to the right of the heading 'promotional code.' Insert the coupon code in this blank field. Now press the 'Apply' button.
- The checkout page will refresh itself, and you'll see your new total price, with the discount reflected. You may now choose 'Checkout' to enter your credit card information proceed.
H-E-B is a privately owned regional grocery store chain. The store was founded in 1905, in Kerrville, Texas, by Florence Butt, the grandmother of the current Chief Executive Officer, Charles Butt. The chain, which is headquartered in San Antonio, serves over 55% of the Texas market with stores based in and around San Antonio, Houston, Austin and Corpus Christie. The chain now includes over 350 stores located in Texas and Northern Mexico. In 2012, the stores in Mexico earned over a billion dollars in revenue.
Like competitors Walmart and Kroger, H-E-B is a grocery chain doing its best to stay on top of trends in the food, beverage and retail industry. H-E-B has an advantage because it's a regional firm and privately owned by the Butt family. H-E-B can respond much more quickly to the needs of the local communities it serves, without dealing with corporate bureaucracy on a national level. H-E-B takes pride in its Texas roots and maintains a proactive relationship with all the communities it serves.
H-E-B's community ties are strong. Besides donating 5% of all pre-tax profits to local charities, the company maintains an active part in the community by sponsoring local events like book drives, community events aimed at educating and family friendly activities. The company is a visible presence, providing disaster relief in the form of clean up kits, water and hot food for victims of recent disasters in the nearby area it serves. A major part of the company policy is to actively take part in the community, always in a positive manner.
This positivity translates to a booming business that employs happy employees. CEO Charles Butt enjoys a 97 percent favorable rating among employees, according to one website. The company values family, Texas, and Texas sports. Their advertising is lighthearted and they use local sports figures and their teams. H-E-B has won several excellence in advertising awards because of these commercials and endeared itself to local sports fans as well.
As H-E-B moves into the future, the marketing plan exemplifies that 'in touch' spirit. Besides the regular H-E-B grocery stores, the chain owns and operates four other H-E-B incarnations. They include the regular H-E-B grocery stores, H-E-B Plus, which is grocery store and more. Similar to a Super Walmart or Super Target, H-E-B Plus is a one stop shopping store. They carry groceries, electronics, toys, clothing, grilling and outdoor supplies, house wares and more.
Central Markets are more upscale H-E-B grocery stores that feature organic foods, wine, international food and are located in and around Austin and the Houston suburbs. Joe V's is a small discount grocery. You don't have to cross the border to sample the H-E-B version of Mexican grocery shopping. Mi Tienda, Spanish for 'My Store' is a H-E-B market that includes a Mexican style bakery, employees making fresh tortillas, a carneceria, or Mexican butcher, and also houses a Mexican restaurant that serves tacos, tamales, carnitas and tortas. The company really responds to the preferences of the local consumers.
H-E-B is committed to using local produce and its first choice is always to buy products including fruit, vegetables and meat from local farmers and producers. The idea is to have fresh fruit and vegetables on the shelves no more than 24 hours after being picked. The company says they understand the needs of the local community because they also live and work in that community. Visit the H-E-B website, find a store near you and be amazed at the bounty of fresh, vibrant food that is offered. You'll feel right at home.
H-E-B Social Media Links
H-E-B on Facebook Like H-E-B stores on Facebook and find lots of news about stores, recipes and sales. H-E-B's Facebook page is run by actual people, Texans, of course, who can address any complaints or concerns you might have. Get current postings about specific stores and openings.
Follow H-E-B on Twitter Follow H-E-B on Twitter to stay up-to-date with all the news of openings, coupon specials, giveaways and recipes galore.
H-E-B on YouTube Follow this link to watch H-E-B videos full of ideas for decorating, news and history of the company. Don't miss the tongue-in-cheek J. J. Watt videos.
H-E-B on Pinterest Do you love Pinterest? H-E-B does too! There's bound to be a board that piques one of your interests. From recipes to holiday decorating ideas to tailgating fun, H-E-B has something for everyone.
H-E-B on Foursquare Go to the H-E-B page of Foursquare for exclusive discounts and other specials, including digital coupons.
H-E-B on Instagram Check out the H-E-B page on Instagram with many inspirational photos of food, party ideas, your favorite Texas teams and more.
Download the H-E-B Mobile App Follow the link to download the H-E-B mobile app. You can use it to make a grocery list, check on your prescriptions at the pharmacy and organize your digital coupons, just to name a few. You can even organize your shopping list by location in your local H-E-B store. Shopping just got easier and more efficient.
H-E-B Contact Info
Customer Relations Department
P.O. Box 839999
San Antonio, TX 78283
Telephone Number: +1 (800) 432-3113